Rules & Regulations
Jonathan Green, Inc.
“Show Us Your Jonathan Green Lawn!” Photo Contest
Rules & Regulations
1. Eligibility: The Jonathan Green “Show Us Your Lawn!” photo contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers and representatives of Jonathan Green, Inc., (the “Sponsor”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations. Offer void where prohibited by law.
2. Timing: Promotion will run from April 1st -October 31st each year. All entries must be received by 11:59pm (Eastern Daylight Time) on the last day of the month. A monthly winner will be chosen during the month following the promotion month (IE the winner for April will be chosen in May). A grand prize winner will be chosen from the list of monthly winners by November 30th.
3. How to Enter: Go to NewAmericanLawn.com and follow the links and instructions for entry. After you have fully completed the entry form and submitted the required information, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Promotion. Participants may submit a maximum of one (1) photo per month.
4. Photo format and submission: Photograph must include the homeowner’s lawn. Images must be JPG format with a maximum size of 7 MB. If a photo does not meet these specifications it will be considered ineligible for the promotion.
5. For all entries: Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated, robotic, or third party system to participate is prohibited, and will result in disqualification. The photograph must have been taken by the person submitting the entry into the promotion. Photographs that are copyrighted by a third party will not be accepted. Photographs cannot have been altered or enhanced in any way. If the judges determine that a photographer has altered his or her photo they reserve the right to disqualify that photo. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any photographs that are deemed unsuitable or inappropriate.
6. Prizes: There will be one (1) monthly winner chosen for each month of the Promotion from April-October for a total of seven (7) monthly winners. The monthly prize will be a $50.00 USD gift card to purchase Jonathan Green products at the winner’s local Jonathan Green retail store. These seven monthly winners will quality for one (1) Grand Prize. There is one (1) Grand Prize being offered: A $500.00 USD gift card to be used at the winner’s local Jonathan Green retail store and a Jonathan Green lawn care kit. The Retail Value of this prize is worth up to but not more than: $500.00 USD. Winner must redeem package within one (1) year from date prize is awarded. If the winner is unable to redeem the prize within the time period required, the prize will be forfeited. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize or prize component with another of comparable. Winners are limited to one win per lawn/household. Offer/prize has no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
7. Prize Drawing/Odds: The Grand Prize Drawing will be conducted in accordance with these Official Rules, by November 30th. The odds of winning the prize offered will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Any entrant selected as the potential Grand Prize winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by home-delivered mail, phone, or email. If the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted, the prize is returned as undeliverable, or he/she fails to sign and return the completed Releases within the required time period, that potential winner forfeits the prize and the Sponsor will award said prize to an alternate. Only one (1) alternate winner will be selected, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. A person may only win one Grand Prize in total. A Grand Prize winner will not be eligible for future monthly prizes.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
9. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. 10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release: By receipt of any prize, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, each of their related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for: (i) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (ii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (iii) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in a similar, future Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY IN ALL INSTANCES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey, U.S.A.
15. Sponsor: Jonathan Green, Inc. P.O. Box 326, Farmingdale, New Jersey 07727
16. Void in Puerto Rico, Canada and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law.