Browse by Category
Melt-A-Way™ Ice Melter plus Traction Grip
- Same as our regular Melt-A-Way™ but with traction grip for safer footing
- Good for municipal, industrial and residential ice melting needs
- Melts to 15º Fahrenheit
- Comes in a 40 lb reusable bucket
- Three part melting action
- Product Label
- Reviews (0)
Jonathan Green’s Melt-A-Way™ plus Traction Grip has the same premium formula as Melt-A-Way™ for efficient and effective ice melting. The traction grip is great for keeping high foot traffic areas safe, such as sidewalks, driveways and parking lots. It eliminates snow and ice quickly with a three part melting action.
Melt-A-Way™ plus Traction Grip formula of sodium chloride, calcium chloride, and potassium chloride works to melt ice fast and efficiently, yet is gentle enough for lawns and shrubs. This product is dyed blue for accurate spreading, but will not stain concrete, carpets or shoes. Melt-A-Way™ Traction Grip is effective up to 15º Fahrenheit.
When to Use:
- For best results, proactively apply prior to a storm to keep the ice and snow from bonding to walkways allowing for easier removal.
- Remove existing loose snow and slush from the area to be treated prior to application.
- Evenly sprinkle Melt-A-Way™ Ice Melter plus Traction Grip on desired surfaces at a rate of 6.5 to 10 lbs per 1,000 square feet. Melting should begin immediately.
- For best results, use a spreader or hand spreader for a more even distribution. If sprinkling by hand, make sure to wash hands after coming in contact with the product.
- Thick accumulations may require additional applications.
- Avoid direct application on vegetation and grassy areas.
- Once ice has melted, shovel slush off of hard surfaces.
- To avoid damage, sweep any excess Melt-A-Way™ Ice Melter plus Traction Grip off of lawns and from shrub beds.
- 20 lb bag – 2,000 sq. ft.
- 50 lb bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
Active Ingredients: Sodium chloride, calcium chloride, potassium chloride
Safe for Children & Pets: No
Application Temperature Range: 5° – 32°F
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
Frequently Bought Together
N/A out of 5
Black Beauty® Lawn Repair for Sun & ShadeAn all-in-one solution, grass seed-fertilizer-mulch, repairs stubborn bare spots fast
5 out of 5
New American Lawn® Deluxe Rotary SpreaderSpreader with large 12 inch tires that holds up to 60 lbs of product.
N/A out of 5
New American Lawn® Hand SpreaderLight weight and easy to use. Ideal for grass seed, fertilizers & ice melters.
4.65 out of 5
Season-Long Weed PreventerPrevents crabgrass before & after it emerges as well as controlling annual grasses & broadleaf weeds.