Browse by Category
Jonathan Green Deluxe Broadcast Spreader
- Little assembly required
- Holds up to 60 lbs of product
- Large air-filled 12-inch rubber tires for easy pushing
- Spreads grass seed, fertilizer, soil food, ice melt, and more
- Includes a spreader setting guide for all Jonathan Green products
- Product Manual
- Reviews (4)
The Jonathan Green Deluxe Broadcast Spreader holds up to 60 pounds of product. The three-position height-adjustable handle allows the operator to stand up straight when pushing the spreader. The heavy-duty nylon gears and large 12-inch air-filled rubber tires make it easy to push a full spreader over rocks, roots, and depressions in the lawn. Spreads a 10-foot swath which means less work to cover the entire lawn.
The Deluxe Broadcast Spreader comes with a hopper screen that hinders chunks of fertilizer from blocking the hole where the product exits the spreader and a rain cover to prevent spills if it is knocked over.
How to Use:
- Check the port at the bottom of the spreader hopper to ensure that it is closed.
- Fill the spreader no more than two inches from the top of the hopper.
- Review the Jonathan Green Spreader Settings chart to select the proper setting for your product.
- To begin spreading, push the handle away from you to open the port and release the product.
- Walk at a brisk pace to disperse the product evenly.
- When making turns or stopping, pull the handle toward you to close the port.
- Allow a few feet between passes to ensure an even distribution across the lawn.
- After each use clean any remaining product out of the hopper.
- Rinse and dry the inside and outside of the spreader after each use.
- Store in a clean dry place.
- Recommended tire pressure 25 psi.
- Never exceed load capacity.
Coverage: 60 lbs of product – 15,000 sq. ft.
Tires: 12 inches
Broadcast Width: 10 feet
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product manual.
I agree with Jims review, at first it wasnt a very good experience as the spreader I picked up was missing a bunch of parts and was loose as can be. I got the missing parts and reassembled and its a pretty robust unit. The one thing i think is a weak link is the cotter pin they use to agitate, mine just kept falling off. I drilled the stud out and put a bolt through it (this is something that should be done from the factory as it is much stronger. That being said I have calibrated my spreader and still feel as though either the spreader may be a tad off or the bags don\\\’t cover as much as they claim. I did step 3 and used two 15,000 sqft bags at the recommended setting. My yard is about 12,000 square feet so something is off. I also dosed at the recommended spacing. Overall I do like the spreader but feel as though they could come up with a more accurate setting system.
Find settings confusing. Putting down organic fertilizer setting is 15, that would be about 3/4 open. I wonder if bag will cover what it claims? Other than that it rolls over lawn easily. I would give it a 5 star if I was certain the settings were accurate.
I bought this to replace my cheap Scotts spreader. Handles hilly terrains and maneuvers effortlessly with a full bucket. What I wasn’t expecting was the looks and attention I get when using it. Now the neighbor’s wife winks at me and single parent kids call me Dad. Red-Pawn-Lawn 4 Life
I roll around like a boss spreading fert in the rain bro. Lawn-Care-Nut 4 Life
Frequently Bought Together
4.80719794344 out of 5
Black Beauty® Ultra Grass SeedFastest establishing Black Beauty Mixture that will improve any lawn it is seeded into.
4.73170731707 out of 5
Love Your Soil®Soil food that stimulates microbes to build topsoil while loosening hard, compacted soil.
4.82978723404 out of 5
Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic SoilConcentrated calcium soil food with humates that rapidly raises & balances soil pH.