Browse by Category
New American Lawn® Deluxe Rotary Spreader
- Little assembly required
- Holds up to 60 lbs of product
- Large air filled 12 inch rubber tires for easy pushing
- Spreads grass seed, fertilizer, soil food, ice melt and more
- Includes a spreader setting guide for all Jonathan Green products
Sorry this product is out of stock
- Product Manual
- Reviews (4)
Jonathan Green’s New American Lawn® Deluxe Rotary Spreader holds up to 60 pounds of product. The three-position height-adjustable handle allows the operator to stand up straight when pushing the spreader. The heavy duty nylon gears and large 12 inch air filled rubber tires make it easy to push a full spreader over rocks, roots, and depressions in the lawn. Spreads a 10 foot swath which means less work to cover the entire lawn.
The Deluxe Rotary Spreader comes with a hopper screen that hinders chunks of fertilizer from blocking the hole where the product exits the spreader and a rain cover to prevent spills if it is knocked over.
How to Use:
- Check the port at the bottom of the spreader hopper to ensure that it is closed.
- Fill the spreader no more than two inches from the top of the hopper.
- Review the Jonathan Green Spreader Settings chart to select the proper setting for your product.
- To begin spreading, push the handle away from you to open the port and release the product.
- Walk at a brisk pace to disperse the product evenly.
- When making turns or stopping, pull the handle toward you to close the port.
- Allow a few feet between passes to ensure an even distribution across the lawn.
- After each use clean any remaining product out of hopper.
- Rinse and dry the inside and outside of the spreader after each use.
- Store in a clean dry place.
- Recommended tire pressure 25 psi.
- Never exceed load capacity.
Coverage: 60 lbs of product – 15,000 sq. ft.
Tires: 12 inches
Broadcast Width: 10 feet
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product manual.
I agree with Jims review, at first it wasnt a very good experience as the spreader I picked up was missing a bunch of parts and was loose as can be. I got the missing parts and reassembled and its a pretty robust unit. The one thing i think is a weak link is the cotter pin they use to agitate, mine just kept falling off. I drilled the stud out and put a bolt through it (this is something that should be done from the factory as it is much stronger. That being said I have calibrated my spreader and still feel as though either the spreader may be a tad off or the bags don\\\’t cover as much as they claim. I did step 3 and used two 15,000 sqft bags at the recommended setting. My yard is about 12,000 square feet so something is off. I also dosed at the recommended spacing. Overall I do like the spreader but feel as though they could come up with a more accurate setting system.
Find settings confusing. Putting down organic fertilizer setting is 15, that would be about 3/4 open. I wonder if bag will cover what it claims? Other than that it rolls over lawn easily. I would give it a 5 star if I was certain the settings were accurate.
JG Response: That is the correct setting for the Organic Lawn Food. Make sure the spreader is calibrated. Here is a video showing how. Copy and paste it into your browser. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aHmqXIkjFo
I bought this to replace my cheap Scotts spreader. Handles hilly terrains and maneuvers effortlessly with a full bucket. What I wasn’t expecting was the looks and attention I get when using it. Now the neighbor’s wife winks at me and single parent kids call me Dad. Red-Pawn-Lawn 4 Life
I roll around like a boss spreading fert in the rain bro.
Frequently Bought Together
4.827027027027 out of 5
Black Beauty® Ultra Grass SeedFastest establishing Black Beauty Mixture that will improve any lawn it is seeded into.
4.7105263157895 out of 5
Love Your Soil®Soil food that stimulates microbes to build topsoil while loosening hard, compacted soil.
4.8297872340426 out of 5
Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic SoilConcentrated calcium soil food with humates that rapidly raises & balances soil pH.
N/A out of 5
Weed & Feed Lawn FertilizerKills dandelions, clover, chickweed, and 250+ broadleaf weeds while feeding the lawn for up to 3 months.