Browse by Category
New American Lawn® Alkaline Soil Program
Step 1: Crabgrass Preventer plus Green-Up Lawn Fertilizer
Step 2: Weed & Feed Lawn Fertilizer
Step 3: MAG-I-CAL® Plus for Lawns in Alkaline and Hard Soil
Step 4: Winter Survival Fall Lawn Fertilizer
The only Annual Lawn Care Program that feeds the lawn and the soil! This program is used in the western United States where soils generally have a high pH. Our program will not only gently feed the lawn but will kill weeds, balance soil pH and loosen hard soil.
- Product Label
- Reviews (2)
The Jonathan Green four bag annual New American Lawn® Alkaline Soil Program greens up the lawn and gently feeds it all season long. Lawn care research has concluded that lawns respond best when fed four times a year in the early spring, late spring, summer and fall. This seeding program is used in the western United States where soils generally have a high pH. Our lawn program is specially formulated to lower soil pH and to kill crabgrass, dandelions, chickweed, clover, and over 250 other weeds.
Our system gets to the root of lawn care problems, the soil! When used together these products balance the lawn’s pH and loosen hard, compacted soil, all while spurring soil microbes into action. These microbes assist air, water, and nutrients in moving deep into the soil increasing the root mass and drought tolerance of the lawn.
How to Apply:
- Early Spring – Apply Crabgrass Preventer plus Green-Up Lawn Fertilizer to feed the lawn and provide season long crabgrass prevention.
- Late Spring – Apply Weed & Feed Lawn Fertilizer to feed the lawn and kill over 250 broadleaf weeds like dandelions, chickweed, clover and oxalis.
- Summer – Apply Mag-I-Cal® Plus for Lawns in Alkaline & Hard Soil to lower soil pH, loosen hard soil and activate the soil microbial life.
- Fall – Apply Winter Survival Fall Lawn Fertilizer to feed the lawn and help prepare it for the long harsh winter ahead. Use on the same day as you seed in the early fall for optimal results.
- Please read product labels for specific spreader settings and application instructions.
Coverage: 5,000 sq. ft. & 15,000 sq. ft.
Can be Used When Seeding: No
Safe for Children & Pets: No
Application Temperature Range: 50° – 80°F
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
It’s been a full season using Jonathan Green new American lawn program and I have to admit that my lawn looks great. I was skeptical of this program at first because I wasn’t sure all of the products included would work specifically for my lawn but they proved me wrong. The soil pH is high in Illinois where I live and it was great to find a program that could deal with my very hard soil and still keep the lawn weed free and very green!
I hardly prepped my lawn and this program still worked great! Easy to use and cheaper than other products I’ve used in the past!
Frequently Bought Together
4.7317073170732 out of 5
Love Your Soil®Soil food that stimulates microbes to build topsoil while loosening hard, compacted soil.
4.5 out of 5
Mag-I-Cal® Plus for Lawns in Alkaline & Hard SoilUnique soil food combo for lawns to rapidly lower pH, loosen compaction & stimulate soil microbes.
3.3333333333333 out of 5
New American Lawn® Standard Rotary SpreaderSpreader with large 9 inch tires that holds up to 40 lbs of product.
N/A out of 5
Pro pH & Moisture Soil TesterTool to accurately measure pH & moisture levels in the soil.