Leaf spot is a type of fungus that occurs in environments when temperatures tend to be between 40-80° F, and in soils with high nitrogen levels.
What to do:
- Apply Lawn Fungus Control when disease first appears and make applications at 14-day intervals as needed.
- Increase the frequency and height of mowing. This will cut off the dead ends, and reduce stress on the grass plant.
- Irrigate deeply, and as infrequently as possible.
- Apply Love Your Soil as a way to break up compacted soil, and allow water to penetrate into the ground.
What NOT to do:
- Do not apply more fertilizer, this will only further agitate the problem.
- Reduce the amount of surface water. Fungus thrives in moist, humid environments. If your soil is hard and compacted water will sit at the surface instead of penetrating deep into the ground where it can reach the grass roots.