Mag-I-Cal® Plus for Lawns in Acidic & Hard Soil
- Natural soil food for lawns in acidic soil
- Helps to rapidly raise soil pH increasing nutrient absorption
- Loosens hard soil promoting air and water penetration for better rooting
- Spreader Settings
- Product Label
- Reviews (0)
Jonathan Green’s Mag-I-Cal® Plus for Lawns in Acidic & Hard Soil contains calcium carbonate in a completely soluble form that is immediately available to adjust soil pH upwards. Poor soil is often the problem in growing a great lawn and calcium is vital to many grass plant functions. When soil is compacted or too acidic, air, water, and nutrients are unable to reach the roots, making it very difficult for grass to flourish.
Lawns thrive in soil with slightly acidic to neutral pH levels ranging from 6.2 to 7.0. When pH levels drop between 4.0 to 6.0 weeds flourish and the grass becomes light green and spindly. Additionally, Mag-I-Cal Plus® helps to break up clay and compacted soils. This improves root penetration and promotes growth by increasing biological activity and releasing nutrients trapped in the soil.
When to Apply:
- Best applied during the growing season when the soil is not frozen.
- Safe to apply when seeding or sodding.
- Spread the product on a dry lawn soon after mowing.
- For best results, rake the lawn vigorously prior to application.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader. To select the proper setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Apply around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- To avoid staining, sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Irrigate the treated area after application for 15-30 minutes for the best results.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn to give the product time to activate.
- For soils with pH lower than 6, repeat applications twice a year.
- 18 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
- 54 lb Bag – 15,000 sq. ft.
Fortified with: Highly soluble calcium carbonate, fast-acting gypsum, humates, iron, and amino acids
Can Be Used When Seeding: Yes
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Safe for Children & Pets: Yes
Application Temperature Range: Minimum 45°F
When to Use: Spring, summer or fall
The spreader settings listed are approximate. Spreader condition, rate of walk, and humidity are just some of the variables that can affect the rate of application. Please refer to the product label link on this page, or the back of the bag, for further details along with application rates and precautionary statements. You may need to adjust settings for proper coverage if circumstances described on the label are applicable. In all cases, the user should read and follow label instructions before applying any product, and assumes all responsibility when using this spreader settings tool.
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
I love the fact that I can correct my soils pH and fix soil compaction with one product.
This is the second year I’ve used this product. My lawn has kept its green color even in the heat.
I applied the Mag-I-Cal plus to my lawn on 6/3/20 just before a heavy rain. The lawn is on week 5 so I\’m do for another round of Fertilizer. Within 3 days after applying Mag-I-Cal plus the lawn def looked much better.!!! My last soil test 4/28/20 showed my ph at 5.2 so I still have more work to do to bump the ph higher.
I have to admit that I was very skeptical about Love Your Soil and Magi-I-Cal Plus but after using both products for less than one year, I’m a true believer! Like many households in North Carolina, my clay soil was extremely compact and very hard to work with even after amending it with screened compost and peat moss. After using both products my soil appears to be less dense, I don’t have puddles of standing water and my grass is deep green even during extended periods of drought. My lawn might not be picture perfect yet but I finally feel that I’m on the correct path to a much healthier soil and lawn. Thank you for making professional grade products available to home owners.
Grass had zero weeds and came in thick.
Frequently Bought Together
Black Beauty® Dense Shade Grass SeedShade tolerant Black Beauty varieties that grow well under trees in up to 70% shade.
Black Beauty® Ultra Grass SeedFastest establishing Black Beauty Mixture that will improve any lawn it is seeded into.
Green-Up Fertilizer for Seeding & SoddingLawn Food for use on newly planted seed & sod producing healthy, deep roots.
Soil pH Test KitEasy to use kit that quickly determines soil pH. Get results in only 10 minutes!