Browse by Category
Green-Up Lawn Fertilizer
- Fertilizer analysis: 29-0-3
- Quick greening formula for all grass types
- Slow-release nitrogen is unaffected by excessive rainfall
- 4% iron for maximum greening
- Continuous feeding for up to 3 months
- Spreader Settings
- Product Label
- Reviews (8)
Jonathan Green Green-Up Lawn Food is a quick, deep greening fertilizer that can be used on all types of turfgrass and will feed the lawn for up to three months. The polymer-coated nitrogen in this product provides a slow and steady food release, preventing a surge of grass growth in the early spring, which reduces grass clippings when mowing. Green-Up is the best fertilizer to use in the early spring if crabgrass is not present.
When to Apply:
- The best time to apply is in the spring through fall depending on the region.
- Spread this product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Apply the same day as seeding or sodding.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- To avoid staining, sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn allowing the product time to activate.
- 15 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
- 45 lb Bag – 15,000 sq. ft.
Can Be Used When Seeding: Yes
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Safe for Children & Pets: Yes
Application Temperature Range: 45° – 75°F
When to Use: Spring or fall
The spreader settings listed are approximate. Spreader condition, rate of walk, and humidity are just some of the variables that can affect the rate of application. Please refer to the product label link on this page, or the back of the bag, for further details along with application rates and precautionary statements. You may need to adjust settings for proper coverage if circumstances described on the label are applicable. In all cases, the user should read and follow label instructions before applying any product, and assumes all responsibility when using this spreader settings tool.
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
The fertilizer is fantastic! A great mix of mostly fast dissolving nitrogen with a serious (4%) kick of iron for a deep green color. Give it a week to 10 days to see results IF and ONLY if, it has had rain or has been watered in. The most important thing to realize is that if you follow the instructions on the bag for spreader settings, most likely you will over apply this fertilizer. If math isn\’t your thing and you don\’t want to weigh this to figure out the correct dose – just set your spreader for HALF the recommended setting and apply twice. One time North to South and the last East to West. If nothing comes out at the half setting, open it up a tiny bit until it does. Very simple and basically foolproof!
So I didn’t see any immediate result on the first go around. I was starting to be concerned I had got scammed. However, 3 weeks after application my lawn was noticeably darker than my neighbors. Not sure if the delay is because I let my lawn go for so long or because the fertilizer is slow release. For some reason the label said to use a 6 setting on my Scott’s broadcast spreader. I calculated the weight used and it came out to be a bit more than what was supposed to be dispensed for my lot size. I then ratio’d everything and figured the spreader setting should be right around 3.75. I used that setting on my second go around. Distributed almost perfect. Not sure if anyone else had this issue but it did the trick for me. In any case this stuff isn’t bad at all.
After 7 days the treated area looks great – nice, even, lush green. The granules are easy to see while being broadcasted so helps get even coating.
I applied in early fall on a less than one year old lawn. I’m really trying to push it hard during the fall growth season. I applied at rate on bag. Wow, the lawn popped with dark green color within 3-4 days! It’s looking great!
Great product. Best lawn in the neighborhood!
yard has never been greener.
Less than a week from seeding. My front lawn with this and the grass seed and there are sprouts everywhere
The best what I had
Frequently Bought Together
5 out of 5
Lawn Moss ControlMoss control with 50% more active ingredient for faster and longer lasting control.
4.7317073170732 out of 5
Love Your Soil®Soil food that stimulates microbes to build topsoil while loosening hard, compacted soil.
4.8297872340426 out of 5
Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic SoilConcentrated calcium soil food with humates that rapidly raises & balances soil pH.
3.3333333333333 out of 5
New American Lawn® Standard Rotary SpreaderSpreader with large 9 inch tires that holds up to 40 lbs of product.