Browse by Category
Grub & Insect Control
- Kills both surface and soil insects
- Apply anytime from spring through late summer
- Kills grubs, chinch bugs, ants, fleas, ticks and more
- Protects lawns from top to bottom
- Spreader Settings
- Product Label
- Reviews (6)
Jonathan Green’s Grub & Insect Control protects lawns from insect damage from top to bottom. Grubs can destroy lawns by eating grass roots, especially soon after hatching when their appetite is at its peak. It is easiest to kill grubs in mid-spring before they lay their eggs or in late summer once the eggs of the next generation have hatched.
This two part premium formula contains Merit®, an insecticide which kills grubs deep down in the soil, where the lawn roots are growing. It also contains lambda-cyhalothrin to achieve excellent control of surface feeding insects such as ants, fleas, crickets, chinch bugs, earwigs and ticks.
When to Apply:
- For grub and chinch bug control, treat the lawn any time between July through October. For best control of grubs apply the product twice, once in late summer to kill the pupa and again in mid spring to control adult grubs.
- For control of sod webworms, army worms and other surface feeding insects apply when insects first appear or when lawn damage occurs from March through October.
- Apply when the lawn is dry.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader to uniformly apply. To select the proper setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Apply around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- To protect the environment, do not allow the product to enter or runoff into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters.
- To avoid staining, sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Irrigate the lawn lightly with ¼ to ½ inch of water or rainfall immediately after application to activate the product.
- Treat again in late summer or early fall if a second generation of surface feeding insects occur.
- 8 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
- 16 lb Bag – 10,000 sq. ft.
Controls: Grubs, Chinch Bugs, Billbugs, Webworms, Ticks, and more
Active Ingredients: Imidacloprid & Lambda-Cyhalothrin
Can be Used When Seeding: Yes
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Safe for Children & Pets: No
Application Temperature Range: 55° – 80°F
When to Use: Spring, summer and early fall
The spreader settings listed are approximate. Spreader condition, rate of walk, and humidity are just some of the variables that can affect the rate of application. Please refer to the product label link on this page, or the back of the bag, for further details along with application rates and precautionary statements. You may need to adjust settings for proper coverage if circumstances described on the label are applicable. In all cases, the user should read and follow label instructions before applying any product, and assumes all responsibility when using this spreader settings tool.
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
Hello! I wil use it next spring thank u I hope it works I Am sure it will thanks!!!
I just broadcasted it with my hand a month ago and haven’t seen any tell tale signs of grubs. For me it was worth the price since I’ve got enough for a couple more years and one application from lawn care was over $50.
I don’t know what it’s like in other parts of the country, but here in Florida we have a serious Mole problem. You can only slow down the damage they do by trapping them. Since they love to eat grubs and earthworms (which, incidentally, we grow in abundance). So I figured get rid of the food and by extension, get rid of the Moles. It worked. ‘Nuff said.
Our moles are gone, will buy it again
This insect control for grubs is the best ever
Really like Jonathan Green products. Just wish they were easier to find. Lots of products on their site that I can’t find online or in a store anywhere.
Frequently Bought Together
4.8627450980392 out of 5
Black Beauty® Original Grass SeedJonathan Green's most heat & drought tolerant grass seed blend.
4.7333333333333 out of 5
Black Beauty® Sunny Grass SeedDrought tolerant & naturally insect resistant Black Beauty varieties for full sun areas.
4.5555555555556 out of 5
Green-Up Fertilizer for Seeding & SoddingLawn Food for use on newly planted seed & sod producing healthy, deep roots.
4.8333333333333 out of 5
Summer Survival Insect Control with Lawn FertilizerGently feeds the lawn while killing over 15 surface feeding insects that cause lawn damage.