Organic Insect Control
- Safe to use around children and pets
- Eco-friendly with no effects on mammals, birds or fish
- Proprietary blend of plant oils that kills and repels insects
- Effective on ants, chinch bugs, fleas, earwigs, ticks and more
- Spreader Settings
- Product Label
- Reviews (7)
Jonathan Green’s Organic Insect Control kills over 100 surface feeding insects such as chinch bugs, fleas, ticks and ants. This proprietary blend of natural plant oils repels crawling insects without synthetic toxins or the residue of non-organic ingredients. This product is safe to use around children and pets and will not harm the environment.
Plants produce oils that provide them with a natural defense against insects. Jonathan Green has combined these oils to create a product with a fresh, natural scent that kills destructive insects quickly, and has strong repellency characteristics to keep insects from coming back. Jonathan Green Organic Insect Control will not harm ladybugs, butterflies or earthworms and has no adverse effect on mammals, birds or fish.
When to Apply:
- Spring, summer and fall
- Use on lawns, around home foundations, landscapes and ornamental and flower gardens.
- For lawns, use a rotary or drop lawn spreader to uniformly apply. To select the proper setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- For landscapes, ornamentals and flowers, use a handheld spreader or distribute by hand. Wear gloves and wash hands after application.
- Can also be spread on top of mulch beds to eliminate insect pests.
- Sweep any excess insect control granules off of hard surfaces onto the lawn.
- The granules should not be watered after application. May need to re-apply after a heavy rainfall.
- For heavy insect infestations, reapply every 4 to 6 weeks.
Coverage area: 10 lb Bag – covers up to 5,000 sq.ft.
Controls: Surface feeding insects like chinch bugs, fleas, ticks and ants
Can be used when seeding: Yes
Safe for Children & Animals: Yes
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Application Temperature Range: 55° – 85°F
When to Use: Spring, summer and fall
The spreader settings listed are approximate. Spreader condition, rate of walk, and humidity are just some of the variables that can affect the rate of application. Please refer to the product label link on this page, or the back of the bag, for further details along with application rates and precautionary statements. You may need to adjust settings for proper coverage if circumstances described on the label are applicable. In all cases, the user should read and follow label instructions before applying any product, and assumes all responsibility when using this spreader settings tool.
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
I did some search and did not want to use Bifenthrin on my lawn since I have a 6 year old child. I saw the ingredients for the Jonathan Green Insect Control Organic. I just applied it to my lawn and the smell is nice. I will see how it works after a
heavy rain. I think it is more of repellent than a killer and I have a feeling this is only for short period of time. But, might be worth it since it is more natural than other products. I will write an updated review.
Smells nice and is easy to spread. Doesn’t kill the bugs– just chases them off. I did the foundation perimeter and also the property fence line. I have a second bag ready and will likely keep buying a bag or two a year.
love the smell – and the gophers and chipmunks hate it!
Used this product before. It did get rid of the bugs listed on the product. It cleared our yard of everything that was bothering our dogs. that were bothering our dogs.
Great organic product . Works well. Was packed well for shipping
Safe and easy to apply! Significant drop of ants and other biting insects.
The pellets spread well, and I haven’t seen any ticks or grubs this season. There was a slight odor for the first few days, but it faded quickly and wasn’t unpleasant at all. My only issue was that it seemed to cover a little less area than advertised: for 10,000 sq feet, I used three bags
Frequently Bought Together
Love Your Soil®Soil food that stimulates microbes to build topsoil while loosening hard, compacted soil.
Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic SoilConcentrated calcium soil food with humates that rapidly raises & balances soil pH.
Organic Lawn FoodComplex all-organic lawn food with 5 Plant & Animal proteins, no sewage sludge that safely feeds lawns for 10 wks.