Pro pH & Moisture Soil Tester
- Effectively measures soil pH and moisture levels in 3 mins
- Helps to determine the right time to add lime and fertilizer to the soil
- Professional grade quality
- Accurate to within 0.2 pH, and 10% moisture level
- Product Manual
- Reviews (0)
Jonathan Green’s Pro pH & Moisture Soil Tester accurately measures soil pH and moisture levels in just two minutes. This high-quality professional tool is used by sod growers, golf course superintendents, sports field managers and landscapers to determine the right time to add fertilizer and limestone (such as Jonathan Green’s Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic Soil).
How to Use:
- Test approximately three cups of soil.
- Lightly spray your soil with distilled water to moisten it. For an accurate read do not use tap water because it is already pH adjusted.
- Tightly pack the soil around the copper sensor ring, covering it completely.
- Clean off the sensor plates at the tip of the pH tester with a clean cloth to ensure an accurate reading for each new soil pH test performed. For extra cleaning, use a non soapy, dry, green scour pad.
- The pH will be fully calculated in 2 minutes.
To Raise Soil pH:
- pH 3 to 5 – spread 3 bags of Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic Soil
- pH 5 to 6 – spread 2 bags of Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic Soil
- pH 6 to 7 – spread 1 bag of Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic Soil
To Lower Soil pH:
- pH above 7 – spread Mag-I-Cal® Plus for Lawns in Alkaline & Hard Soil
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product manual.
Frequently Bought Together
Lawn Moss ControlMoss control with 50% more active ingredient for faster and longer lasting control.
Love Your Soil®Soil food that stimulates microbes to build topsoil while loosening hard, compacted soil.
Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic SoilConcentrated calcium soil food with humates that rapidly raises & balances soil pH.
Season-Long Weed PreventerPrevents crabgrass before & after it emerges as well as controlling annual grasses & broadleaf weeds.