Browse by Category
Summer Survival Insect Control with Lawn Fertilizer
- Fertilizer analysis: 13-0-3
- Low nitrogen formula, specially designed for summer months
- Gently feeds the lawn for two months without burning
- Kills over 15 surface feeding insects that damage grass leaves
- Deters insects from entering the home
- Spreader Settings
- Product Label
- Reviews (6)
Jonathan Green’s Summer Survival Insect Control with Lawn Fertilizer is used to eliminate surface feeding insects from lawns. Summer Survival can be used on the lawn and in landscape beds to kill and control over 15 surface feeding insects including but not limited to: chinch bugs, billbugs, ticks, fleas, armyworms, ants, sod webworms and centipedes.
This fertilizer also reduces insect entry into the home when it is applied within a 6 – 10 foot radius of the structure. The fertilizer in this product contains controlled release nitrogen which keeps grass greener longer and will never burn the lawn when used as directed. Please note that Summer Survival Insect Control does not kill grubs. Instead, use Jonathan Green Grub & Insect Control when grubs become a problem.
When to Apply:
- Insect control should be applied when insects first appear.
- Spread this product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Best time to apply is spring, summer or early fall depending on the region.
- Apply the same day as seeding or sodding.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- There are restrictions concerning the use of Summer Survival Insect Control near bodies of water. Do not apply this product within 25 feet of lakes, reservoirs, rivers, permanent streams, marshes, or natural ponds, natural estuaries, and commercial fish ponds.
- Sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Thoroughly irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn allowing the product time to activate.
- 15 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
- 45 lb Bag – 15,000 sq. ft.
Can Be Used When Seeding: Yes
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Safe for Children & Pets: No
Application Temperature Range: 65° – 85°F
When to Use: Spring, summer or fall
The spreader settings listed are approximate. Spreader condition, rate of walk, and humidity are just some of the variables that can affect the rate of application. Please refer to the product label link on this page, or the back of the bag, for further details along with application rates and precautionary statements. You may need to adjust settings for proper coverage if circumstances described on the label are applicable. In all cases, the user should read and follow label instructions before applying any product, and assumes all responsibility when using this spreader settings tool.
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
This product works great here in Florida.
Haven’t seen any results yet
Grass looks great
works well but have to spread a second load within 2 weeks.
My dream of achieving a respectable looking lawn has been dramatically been improved with the help of Jonathan Green products indeed. Keeps the lawn green longer sometimes I wonder… do I need to water or even apply the next scheduled application.
I am sold 100%. Can’t wait to add Jonathan green seeds this fall to get that lush carpet -like appearance next season.
It’s important to note that a thorough application of LazyMan™ Liquid Gold lawn aerator, dethatcher and conditioner is applied early spring to prepare my lawn to accept Jonathan Green products.
Make sure your soil ph is in a good range
We moved into our house about three years ago and the lawn was covered in brown patches as a result of grubs and most of the lawn that was still green was covered with crabgrass and dandelions. I have used mostly Lesco and Scotts products over the years and they’ve done pretty well, but I thought I would give Jonathan Green a chance on a recommendation from a coworker. I have done their first 3 steps (crabgrass control, weed/feed, summer stress/insect control) for the past three years and my lawn has proudly become one of the nicest in our neighborhood. In addition, I also aerate in September and overseed with Jonathan Green Ultra Black Beauty grass seed. Having tried numerous fertilizers brands over the years, Jonathan Green has become my favorite.
Frequently Bought Together
4.625 out of 5
Lawn Fungus ControlSystemic fungus control to prevent and cure 20+ lawn diseases such as dollar spot, brown patch, red thread, and more.
4.3333333333333 out of 5
Lawn Weed ControlWeed control, with Trimec technology, use to control 200 + broadleaf weeds.
4.7105263157895 out of 5
Love Your Soil®Soil food that stimulates microbes to build topsoil while loosening hard, compacted soil.
4.8297872340426 out of 5
Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic SoilConcentrated calcium soil food with humates that rapidly raises & balances soil pH.