Browse by Category
Melt-A-Way™ Ice Melter
- Quickly melts snow and ice
- Melts ice down to 5º Fahrenheit
- Gentle on lawns and shrubs
- Will not stain concrete, carpets, or shoes
- Product Label
- Reviews (4)
Jonathan Green Melt-A-Way™ Ice Melter eliminates snow and ice quickly with a three-part melting action. Its formula of sodium chloride, calcium chloride, and potassium chloride works to melt ice fast and efficiently, yet is gentle enough for lawns and shrubs.
This product is dyed blue for accurate spreading but will not stain concrete, carpets, or shoes. Melt-A-Way™ is effective up to 15º Fahrenheit. Use on sidewalks, driveways, patios.
When to Use:
- For best results, proactively apply prior to a storm to keep the ice and snow from bonding to walkways allowing for easier removal.
- Remove existing loose snow and slush from the area to be treated prior to application.
- Evenly sprinkle Melt-A-Way™ Ice Melter on desired surfaces at a rate of 6.5 to 10 lbs per 1,000 square feet. Melting should begin immediately.
- For best results, use a spreader or hand spreader for more even distribution. If sprinkling by hand, make sure to wash hands after coming in contact with the product.
- Thick accumulations may require additional applications.
- Avoid direct application on vegetation and grassy areas.
- Once the ice has melted, shovel slush off of hard surfaces.
- To avoid damage, sweep any excess Melt-A-Way™ Ice Melter off of lawns and from shrub beds.
- 50 lb bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
Active Ingredients: Sodium chloride, calcium chloride, potassium chloride
Safe for Children & Pets: No
Application Temperature Range: 5° – 32°F
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
Want to keep ordering this to enjoy the snowy patio!
My husband and I moved from California to Utah during the coldest winter since 1937. While we conscientiously shoveled the walks, any snow melt during the day turned our walkways into a skating rink at night. Checking the mail or taking out the trash became high-risk adventures until we discovered Meltaway. Since our standard poodle is a constant companion and our walkways are surrounded by grass, finding a pet and garden friendly variety was essential.. The lawn, which has recently begun to peek out from under the snow after a spate of warm days looks healthy, and puppy paws, which are examined after each romp in the snow, appear unharmed as promised,
Efficiently melts very small amounts of snow and ice. With greater volumes of ice and snow it is ineffective. A small amount of rock salt covers more territory and melts the icy stuff much more quickly. This product is best for a very short walkway or steps.
Used this Jonathan Green Melt-A-Way product on my nicolock pavers driveway and dek porch – it was by far the best product ever – kept working all winter without a problem. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT and would recommend it to everyone. ESPECIALLY COLD ICY SNOWY WINTER HERE ON LONG ISLAND.
I agree with the J.Greene Co. explanation for the popping of the bricks on that other review. Ice reforming can damage any spacing. Just ask the TITANIC.
Frequently Bought Together
4.4117647058824 out of 5
Black Beauty® Lawn Repair for Sun & ShadeRepair bare spots fast! All-in-one patching solution with Black Beauty® grass seed, fertilizer, and mulch.
4.8571428571429 out of 5
Green-Up Lawn FertilizerQuick green-up formula that slowly releases nutrients into the soil for less surge growth and less mowing.
N/A out of 5
New American Lawn® Hand SpreaderLight weight and easy to use. Ideal for grass seed, fertilizers & ice melters.
5 out of 5
New American Lawn® Pro Rotary SpreaderPro spreader with large 12 inch tires that holds up to 100 lbs of product.