Organic Lawn Food
- Fertilizer analysis: 10-0-1
- 100% organic, complex lawn fertilizer
- Packed with excellent turf nutrients that gently feed for 8 - 10 weeks
- Contains iron for deep greening, great for establishing new seedlings
- Children and pet friendly - can use immediately after spreading
- Spreader Settings
- Product Label
- Reviews (3)
Jonathan Green Organic Lawn Food is a complex, entirely organic lawn fertilizer that promotes the growth of healthy grass. The homogenous, easy-to-spread granules contain food-grade organics such as feather meal, soybean meal, and blood meal. Organic Lawn Food has no undesirable manures or sludge-based fertilizers unlike many other organic fertilizer products. It can be used on both established and newly seeded or sodded lawns in the spring, summer or fall.
The organic approach to lawn care requires some patience. The soil microbes need time to break down the fertilizer nutrients so they can be absorbed by the grass roots. However, organic feeding definitely has its perks. For example, due to the absence of fast-release synthetic ingredients, this fertilizer won’t burn the grass and children and pets may use the lawn immediately after Organic Lawn Food has been applied.
When to Apply:
- Best time to apply is spring, summer or fall depending on region.
- Apply the same day as seeding or sodding.
- Spread this product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- To avoid staining, sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn allowing the product time to activate.
- 17 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
- 51 lb Bag – 15,000 sq. ft.
Can Be Used When Seeding: Yes
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Safe for Children & Pets: Yes
Application Temperature Range: 65° – 85°F
When to Use: Late spring, summer or early fall
The spreader settings listed are approximate. Spreader condition, rate of walk, and humidity are just some of the variables that can affect the rate of application. Please refer to the product label link on this page, or the back of the bag, for further details along with application rates and precautionary statements. You may need to adjust settings for proper coverage if circumstances described on the label are applicable. In all cases, the user should read and follow label instructions before applying any product, and assumes all responsibility when using this spreader settings tool.
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
I bought this product about 3 weeks ago and I immediately added it to a shaded area that I had seeded with Jonathan Green dense shade. The results were startling after I added this product. I began to see germination after 5 days. It’s wonderful
It is now November and I’ve used Jonathans Organic lawn food twice this year. My lawn was always not the best, in fact it was the worst. Now my lawn is by far, the greenest on the block, and it is really lush. I live across neighbors who prides their lawn and their Scotts products, but now their lawn looks dried up, scarce and yellow green. So blown away! I’m a fan for life.
I’ve used organic ferts before and some of them smell awful! This works well and no stink!