Browse by Category
Weed & Feed Lawn Fertilizer
- Fertilizer analysis: 21-0-3
- Use in the spring or fall
- Kills weeds down to the root
- Feeds lawns for up to 3 months
- Controls 250+ broadleaf weeds
- Spreader Settings
- Product Label
- Reviews (15)
Jonathan Greens Weed & Feed Lawn Fertilizer is a premium grade herbicide and lawn fertilizer combination which controls weeds while feeding the lawn. Weed & Feed is designed to promote lush green growth in lawns and control over 250 broadleaf weeds including dandelions, chickweed, clover, wild onions, thistle, and poison ivy.
When to Apply:
- Apply when dandelions, clover, and other broadleaf weeds first appear in spring, summer, or early fall. Do not apply when temperatures are over 85° Fahrenheit.
- Spread in the morning while there’s still dew on the lawn, or after a light rain shower.
- Only apply to lawns that have not been mowed for at least 48 hours. The particles need to cling to the leaves of the weeds for the herbicide to work.
- Do not apply when seeding or under newly laid sod.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check to make sure the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings Section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- Do not reseed the lawn for at least 2 weeks after application.
- To avoid staining, sweep any excess fertilizer granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Do not mow the lawn for at least 72 hours after application to allow the weed control time to be absorbed.
- Start irrigating the lawn 72 hours after application.
- 15 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
- 45 lb Bag – 15,000 sq. ft.
Can Be Used When Seeding: No
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Damp
Safe for Children & Pets: No
Application Temperature Range: 55° – 80°F
When to Use: Late spring, summer, or early fall
The spreader settings listed are approximate. Spreader condition, rate of walk, and humidity are just some of the variables that can affect the rate of application. Please refer to the product label link on this page, or the back of the bag, for further details along with application rates and precautionary statements. You may need to adjust settings for proper coverage if circumstances described on the label are applicable. In all cases, the user should read and follow label instructions before applying any product, and assumes all responsibility when using this spreader settings tool.
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
I applied this product exactly as directed under perfect conditions. Applied whiled lawn was moist from previous rain and morning dew. Then it didn\\\’t rain for 3 days so the product wouldn\\\’t be washed off. It seems to fertilized the lawn well but left the weeds and clover untouched. I don\\\’t recommend for weeds.
Great product only 4 treatments for the year!
Look at the photo. On the left, where my grass is darker and fuller, I used Johnathan Green Weed & Feed; applied toward the end of March. On the right, I did not. I did this just to see if the Weed and Feed actually worked.
I used Johnathan Green Heavy Traffic grass seed all over my lawn. I prepared the surface my raking and tilling my lawn (toward the end of August). Also, I live in central North Carolina where the weather is warmer.
Just works better than scotts. Consistent year in and year out.
I liked the way it was pelletized. I liked least that the pellets were smaller; requiring me to re-adjust my pellet dispenser.
Definitely greens up the lawn nicely, still have some clover but thats about it. Very satisfied with results.
I picked this up at my local hardware store. I wanted the JG dedicated weed killer, but they suggested this. The conditions for application could not have been better. Rain in the morning so the herbicide could sick to the broadleaf plants and no rain for three days so the herbicide could work on the taproot plants.
Well, everything is green, except for a few small areas. But those weeds are healthy too after one month from the application. Something is wrong with this product. None of the broadleaf plants even showed any signs of stress. Dandelions came up with much vigor.
Two stars because it did feed my lawn very well. The grass is thick and healthy.
This was very expensive, although I did see more growth and green in my yard with this than the other products were bought at the Garden Factory. Not sure if I will buy again because of the price.
best product for these purposses that we have tried
Great product…recommended by my lawn service person and it performed as advertised. No weeds and a beautiful green lush lawn. I love this product!
Didn’t think much about this cause I always used Scotts. Now that I tried this product, considering never going back to Scotts. Scotts always clumped up. Had no problem with this in my spreader. Will be purchasing again.
This was a great product ! Jonathan Green product are always good that I have seen from my first time using them! Great weed and feed!!!!
We moved into our house about three years ago and the lawn was covered in brown patches as a result of grubs and most of the lawn that was still green was covered with crabgrass and dandelions. I have used mostly Lesco and Scotts products over the years and they’ve done pretty well, but I thought I would give Jonathan Green a chance on a recommendation from a coworker. I have done their first 3 steps (crabgrass control, weed/feed, summer stress/insect control) for the past three years and my lawn has proudly become one of the nicest in our neighborhood. In addition, I also aerate in September and overseed with Jonathan Green Ultra Black Beauty grass seed. Having tried numerous fertilizers brands over the years, Jonathan Green has become my favorite.
WE only used this one season (spring) we already noticed a difference in our yard. WE are seeing more green and less weeds. IT seemed to work better than Scotts or the other brands.
Frequently Bought Together
4.7179487179487 out of 5
Love Your Soil®Soil food that stimulates microbes to build topsoil while loosening hard, compacted soil.
4.8297872340426 out of 5
Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic SoilConcentrated calcium soil food with humates that rapidly raises & balances soil pH.
2.5 out of 5
New American Lawn® Standard Rotary SpreaderSpreader with large 9 inch tires that holds up to 40 lbs of product.
4.65 out of 5
Season-Long Weed PreventerPrevents crabgrass before & after it emerges as well as controlling annual grasses & broadleaf weeds.