Black Beauty® Biodegradable Grass Seed Roll
- Just roll, water and watch grow!
- Contains Black Beauty® Ultra grass seed, starter lawn fertilizer, and mulch
- Ideal for bare spots and hills
- Protects seed from heavy rain and birds
- Cut with scissors to fit a bare area of any shape
- Reviews (0)
Jonathan Green Black Beauty® Seed Roll is a biodegradable seed mat that is ideal for reseeding bare spots and seeding hilly areas. Unlike other seed mats, ours contains premium Black Beauty Ultra grass seed, starter lawn fertilizer, and mulch. Black Beauty® Ultra grass seed is naturally dark-green in color, drought-tolerant, and disease resistant. It is consistently ranked as one of the best grass seeds available on the market today!
The biodegradable grass seed mat warms the soil below and allows light and water to penetrate so grass seed will sprout. Grows best in sunny or shady areas, and germinates in 10 – 20 days. The germination mat protects grass seed from being washed away from heavy rain and hungry animals and birds. Cut the Seed Roll with scissors to fit a bare area of any shape in your lawn.
- For best results use Black Beauty SeedRoll anytime temperatures in your area are consistently above 50°F. In the fall, planting or repairs should be completed 6 to 8 weeks prior to temperatures dropping below 40°F.
- Water your prepared area well the night before planting.
- Do not lay SeedRoll over existing grass or vegetation. SeedRoll must be in contact with the soil to grow.
- Clear area of debris and loosen the top 2 inches of soil with a rake to create a smooth surface.
- Do not lay SeedRoll during periods of strong winds or approaching heavy rains.
- For Bare Spots:
- Roll out the first section of SeedRoll over the prepared area.
- Cut this section away from the roll and lightly water the outside portion, keeping the inside edge relatively dry.
- SeedRoll will “stick” to the ground once moistened, so be sure it is in place before watering.
- Cover edges of roll with soil to keep in place.
- For Larger Areas:
- Lay more than one section closely together without gaps, slightly overlapping the edges.
- Once this is done, finish watering your first section of SeedRoll. Remember; always try to keep your bottom edge of the new section dry.
- Continue until the desired area is covered.
- Do not walk on SeedRoll once installed.
- Once finished, water lightly until all sections are wet.
- Once planted, water frequently with a sprinkler or hose. DO NOT apply a forceful jet of water to SeedRoll.
- SeedRoll holds and locks in moisture, so watering frequently in small amounts is best. Ideally, water 2 or 3 times a day, until wet each time, keeping SeedRoll constantly wet for the first three weeks or until grass reaches 3 inches tall.
- Mowing can begin when the grass reaches 3 inches.
Coverage: 50 sq. ft. (1 ft. X 50 ft.)
Grass Type: Tall Fescue, Perennial Ryegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass
Grass Color: Dark green
Recommended Planting Months: For cool-season grasses
- Mid-August through mid-October
- Mid-March through mid-May
Sun Tolerance: Excellent
Shade Tolerance: Good
Light Requirements: 4 – 5 hours of filtered sunlight (minimum)
Drought Tolerance: Excellent
Insect & Disease Resistance: Good
High Traffic Tolerance: Good
Germination Time: 10 – 20 days
Frequently Bought Together
Crabgrass Preventer plus Green-Up Lawn FertilizerPrevents crabgrass before & after it germinates, while feeding the lawn, for up to 3 months.
Green-Up Lawn FertilizerQuick green-up formula that slowly releases nutrients into the soil for less surge growth and less mowing.
Love Your Soil® – 5,000 sq.ft.
Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic Soil – 5,000 sq.ft.