Browse by Category
Black Beauty® Biodegradable Grass Seed Roll
- Just roll, water and watch grow!
- Contains Black Beauty® Ultra grass seed, starter lawn fertilizer, and mulch
- Ideal for bare spots and hills
- Protects seed from heavy rain and birds
- Cut with scissors to fit a bare area of any shape
- Reviews (3)
Jonathan Green Black Beauty® Seed Roll is a biodegradable seed mat that is ideal for reseeding bare spots and seeding hilly areas. Unlike other seed mats, ours contains premium Black Beauty® Ultra grass seed, starter lawn fertilizer, and mulch. Black Beauty® Ultra grass seed is naturally dark-green in color, drought-tolerant, and disease resistant. It is consistently ranked as one of the best grass seeds available on the market today!
The biodegradable grass seed mat warms the soil below and allows light and water to penetrate so grass seed will sprout. Grows best in sunny or shady areas, and germinates in 10 – 20 days. The germination mat protects grass seed from being washed away from heavy rain and hungry animals and birds. Cut the Seed Roll with scissors to fit a bare area of any shape in your lawn.
- For best results use Black Beauty SeedRoll anytime temperatures in your area are consistently above 50°F. In the fall, planting or repairs should be completed 6 to 8 weeks prior to temperatures dropping below 40°F.
- Water your prepared area well the night before planting.
- Do not lay SeedRoll over existing grass or vegetation. SeedRoll must be in contact with the soil to grow.
- Clear area of debris and loosen the top 2 inches of soil with a rake to create a smooth surface.
- Do not lay SeedRoll during periods of strong winds or approaching heavy rains.
- For Bare Spots:
- Roll out the first section of SeedRoll over the prepared area.
- Cut this section away from the roll and lightly water the outside portion, keeping the inside edge relatively dry.
- SeedRoll will “stick” to the ground once moistened, so be sure it is in place before watering.
- Cover edges of roll with soil to keep in place.
- For Larger Areas:
- Lay more than one section closely together without gaps, slightly overlapping the edges.
- Once this is done, finish watering your first section of SeedRoll. Remember; always try to keep your bottom edge of the new section dry.
- Continue until the desired area is covered.
- Do not walk on SeedRoll once installed.
- Once finished, water lightly until all sections are wet.
- Once planted, water frequently with a sprinkler or hose. DO NOT apply a forceful jet of water to SeedRoll.
- SeedRoll holds and locks in moisture, so watering frequently in small amounts is best. Ideally, water 2 or 3 times a day, until wet each time, keeping SeedRoll constantly wet for the first three weeks or until grass reaches 3 inches tall.
- Mowing can begin when the grass reaches 3 inches.
Coverage: 50 sq. ft. (1 ft. X 50 ft.)
Grass Type: Tall Fescue, Perennial Ryegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass
Grass Color: Dark green
Recommended Planting Months: For cool-season grasses
- Mid-August through mid-October
- Mid-March through mid-May
Sun Tolerance: Excellent
Shade Tolerance: Good
Light Requirements: 4 – 5 hours of filtered sunlight (minimum)
Drought Tolerance: Excellent
Insect & Disease Resistance: Good
High Traffic Tolerance: Good
Germination Time: 10 – 20 days
Did not like this product , loosend soil up , kept sheet down with spikes to make sure they didn’t move , kept it watered daily with plenty of sunshine and got absolutely nothing, very disappointed ,should have just bought some seed .
JG Response: Please email us through our FAQ site for help.
2 weeks little growth a few pieces of grass. Weather hasn’t really broke yet but easy. Waiting for some sunny days for some growth. Really easy. Keep moist
What a impressive easy way to patch a bare spot! I cut the roll with a scissor to the size of the bare spot. Layed it down and water it. Very fast and easy
Frequently Bought Together
5 out of 5
Black Beauty® Patcher Lawn Bare Spot RepairRepair bare spots fast! All-in-one patching solution with Black Beauty® Ultra grass seed, fertilizer, and mulch.
4.80719794344 out of 5
Black Beauty® Ultra Grass SeedFastest establishing Black Beauty Mixture that will improve any lawn it is seeded into.
4.73170731707 out of 5
Love Your Soil®Soil food that stimulates microbes to build topsoil while loosening hard, compacted soil.
4.81111111111 out of 5
Black Beauty® Dense Shade Grass SeedShade tolerant Black Beauty varieties that grow well under trees in up to 70% shade.