Black Beauty® Patcher Lawn Bare Spot Repair
- Quickly patch and repair stubborn bare spots and pet-damaged areas in the lawn
- An all-in-one lawn patch solution contains Black Beauty® Ultra grass seed, coconut coir and rice mulch, and starter lawn fertilizer
- Mulch biodegrades into the soil
- Use in sunny and/or shady areas
- Germinates within 14 days
- Product Label
- Reviews (1)
Jonathan Green Black Beauty® Patcher Lawn Bare Spot Repair for Sun and Shade Areas is your all-in-one bare spot patching solution. This mixture repairs stubborn bare spots quickly and seamlessly blends into existing lawns.
This mix contains 20% more grass seed and covers more bare spots than any other lawn patching mixture on the market. The seed establishment mulch in this product keeps the seedbed moist which ensures that grass seedlings won’t dry out and improves germination. The biodegradable mulch is made out of coconut coir and rice mulch will break down into the soil within one month. The Black Beauty® Ultra grass seed in Black Beauty® Patcher Lawn Bare Spot Repair germinates in 10 – 14 days.
For the best results, follow the directions below for establishing a new lawn or overseeding an existing one.
- Mow – Mow the lawn at the lowest mower setting before seeding to allow the seed to reach the soil.
- Rake – Lightly rake over bare spots with a metal rake to remove dead grass and debris. Rake the soil to create a loosened seed bed.
- Add Topsoil – If needed, add additional topsoil to fill in holes and level the ground.
- When to apply – The best time to apply seed is mid-August to mid-October while the ground is still warm and the nights are cooler. Mid-March through mid-May is the next best time to plant when the soil temperature reaches 55º+ Fahrenheit and the temperature of the air stays consistently warm.
- Spread product – Shake the bag (or jug) prior to the application of this product. Spread the contents of Black Beauty® Patcher Bare Spot Repair evenly on the loosened soil. See back of the bag for an example of proper coverage. Rake lightly to achieve even coverage.
- Water – Water the bare spot gently after application, allowing the mulch to absorb it. Water the area daily for 1 to 2 weeks, then water once a week, or as needed when the mulch dries out. It is important to water the seedbed for sufficient grass seed germination and expansion of the mulch to provide soil coverage.
- Germination – New grass should start to germinate in 14 days, but may take during a colder spring season. Seed germinates once soil temperatures reach 55°F. Patcher mulch will eventually biodegrade into the soil.
- Mow – Begin mowing the bare spot when the new grass has reached a height of 3 – 4 inches. Make sure the mower has sharp blades. Be careful not to scalp the lawn. Low mowing will stress the root system and encourage the growth of weeds.
- 3 lb Jug
- Covers up to 130 sq. ft.
- 7 lb Bag
- Covers up to 300 sq. ft.
Grass Type: Tall Fescue, Perennial Rye, & Kentucky Bluegrass
Grass Color: Dark green
Recommended Planting Months: For cool-season grasses
- Mid-August through mid-October
- Mid-March through mid-May
Sun Tolerance: Excellent
Shade Tolerance: Good
Light Requirements: Full sun to partial shade (4 – 8 hours of sun)
Drought Tolerance: Excellent
Insect & Disease Resistance: Good
High Traffic Tolerance: Good
Planting Depth: ¼ inches
Germination Time: 10 – 14 days
Click the button below to view and download a pdf of the product label.
I had a great experience using this product. I applied it to a bare spot on my property 14 days ago. The grass has grown in so lush! Highly recommend!
Frequently Bought Together
Love Your Soil®Soil food that stimulates microbes to build topsoil while loosening hard, compacted soil.
Corn Gluten Weed Preventer plus Lawn FoodPatented corn gluten technology prevents crabgrass, dandelions, and over 20+ weeds.
Mag-I-Cal® for Lawns in Acidic SoilConcentrated calcium soil food with humates that rapidly raises & balances soil pH.